Protagonists and antagonists introduction:
1) (Newcomer) Urvashi Garg : Skilled classical dancer from north India, knows all the eight classical forms to perfection. They say her eye speaks, her expressions tell a story and when she dances, the world disappear except her. Her smile, her charm, her ‘addayen’ can make dead sing her tunes and kill an undead. She is desired not only in India but in Europe as well were she has performed numerous times.
2) (Superstar) Aryan: He holds most people in disdain but is quite chivalrous when it comes to women. He is full of himself, extremely arrogant, believing himself to be the best superstar ever lived in Bollywood. His charisma, his charm and his good looks never seize to impress and he is well aware about the affect he has specially over women. From girls to a mum, everyone goes gaga over him. No wonder he is quite a ladies’ man but despite his popularity he is still tagged as ‘Single-heartless-heartbreaking-heartthrob”.
3) (Baby) Agni : A girl of eight years, highest paid child artist, she is in limelight, achieved more than what other stars can’t achieve in their lifetime. She made her debut when she was six years old with an Hollywood Oscar nominated film and entered bollywood with a bang in a children’s film and since then she is everywhere.
4) (Eyes and ears Knows-it-all) Bruna: No one knows what she is, is she an item girl? Or a controversy queen? Perhaps that fish that is rotting the Bollywood pond? Or just a misunderstood girl?
5) (Casting Director) Bose: Rumours has it that he has deep connections to underworld, an alchemist who converts a piece of stone into precious gemstone. Every newcomer wants to be casted by him, every director, producer wants him on their good side, pays him a fortune for casting and well, he is not the one who doesn’t take any advantage of his position.
6) (Paparazzi) Newshunt : Well, he is a paparazzi who became a paparazzi because of a stunt he pulled on a bollywood actor, demoted from crime reporter to a paparazzi. But seems like a triple skinned man but is he really or he has more masks than one can count. And most important question is, can you count on him?
(Casting Director) Bose
(Eyes and ears Knows-it-all) Bruna
“And cut!” Director Dev Bhansali called it a day after getting the perfect shot of scene 2 where Urvashi as Latika a dancer in Shanshah’s Darbar, a role inspired from the very famous Anarkali, stumbled upon Aryan as Zoyeb, a role inspired from Prince Salim. This is their first meet in the enchanting garden under pristine moonlight and Zoyeb is utterly besotted by Latika’s beauty. He doesn’t know who she is, doesn’t know that she is no Nobel blood, have no clue that she will not be pardon when his father, the Shanshah Rehman hear about their affair. But this movie is no Mughal – E – Azam, this is ‘Pyar ki Daastan’ (Tale of Love) and Latika is not alone, she has a friend Sara played by Bruna, who is a lady-in-waiting of Begam Banu. And the Shanshah has a deep-dark secret, an illegitimate daughter from Sara. That daughter is going to be the game changer in the story, and she is been portraited by none other than highest paid child artist, baby Agni.
Urvashi had no interest in acting; she was more than content with her booming dancing career, but on last trip to Paris she met Director Dev B. who offered her this chance to play the lead actress, she refused at first but after hearing the script and knowing she will be playing the role she loves she accepted and landed in this mire of Bollywood.
“You really looked enchanting in that scene, if I had a heart; it would have throbbed for you?” Aryan smirked down at her, he knows that such flattery makes Urvashi uncomfortable and he finds it endearing. No matter how many times tabloids call him heartless heartbreaking heartthrob, he won’t change his ways of living. It’s been almost a month since she landed in this Mayanagri and met Superstar Aryan. Being a fast learner she has learned how to handle tabloids and paparazzi but her co-star is a different story altogether, when he looks at her, his dark chocolaty eyes changes to deep black, gets so intense that it makes her almost fidget in nervousness. No she doesn’t get scared but gets pulled towards him and it’s a well known fact that he is a heart-breaker and she is rather fond of her heart hence she has no qualms of falling for him charms. So she remained poised and just brushed off his flattery. Aryan always gets what he want, girls, best quality of whiskey, that unavailable suit in LA hotel or the role he desires but Urvashi’s change of behaviour makes him impatient, she used to get nervous under his heavy stare now it doesn’t affects her. He stormed off the set to his vanity van.
Casting director Bose was lying on his infamous couch enjoying the treasures life brings to him or should we say enjoying the desperate girls that the dream of being an actress brings him.
“Darling, you said that you will cast me as Latika, why isn’t Urvashi kicked out yet?” Poonam said batting her eyelashes. Bose promised Latika’s role to her about an year ago, since then she has been pleasuring him and Bose is a scum who has no plans of casting Poonam in any movie but yes if she agrees to enter in C grade then he may give it a thought but again he does not cast for such dirt. Now all he wants is to get his paws on Urvashi, her bewitching beauty is calling for him but that girl won’t submit to his wishes.
One day Bose caught up to Urvashi in one of the page 3 parties, subtly charming her to submit to him but he didn’t know she was that difficult. He caught her hand in a firm grasp and twisted it, “You will act upon my wishes or I will destroy you and your pretty face.” He threatened her, he was reeking of booze.
“Is everything alright?” Aryan came forward eyeing Bose angrily, to others eyes Bose was just dancing with Urvashi but Aryan saw the pain and fear in her eyes. Bose arranged his expressions and smiled “Nothing, was just enjoying the company of an upcoming superstar.” And he walked away. Ayran took Urvashi’s wrist in his hand, the faint bruise was clear to him “I will kill that Ba.. Umm scum” he said, his teeth were clenched. Urvashi tried to snatch her hand back feeling suddenly very venerable.
“What did he say to you? If he threatened you in any way you will tell me. Understand.” He gave her a levelled reassuring look but Urvashi couldn’t bring herself to concede, this sudden change in his behavior confused her. Aryans carefree-stiff demeanor was slipping and he didn’t care that Urvashi could see right through him, all he was seeing were red dots, he knows Bose very well and he won’t let him get near Urvashi, he promised to himself. Baby Agni was seeing everything, she was one of the few people who almost understood that Uncle Bose was hurting Urvashi Di, she likes Urvashi di and she was glad that Aryan was there to save her when her Daddy couldn’t come. She doesn’t like this Bollywood much but her daddy told her that life is expensive and we have to earn it so she is earning life. Bose was angry, beyond angry. He wanted to unleash his anger so he called Poonam to come and see him. Continue reading