Protagonists and antagonists introduction:
1) (Newcomer) Urvashi Garg : Skilled classical dancer from north India, knows all the eight classical forms to perfection. They say her eye speaks, her expressions tell a story and when she dances, the world disappear except her. Her smile, her charm, her ‘addayen’ can make dead sing her tunes and kill an undead. She is desired not only in India but in Europe as well were she has performed numerous times.
2) (Superstar) Aryan: He holds most people in disdain but is quite chivalrous when it comes to women. He is full of himself, extremely arrogant, believing himself to be the best superstar ever lived in Bollywood. His charisma, his charm and his good looks never seize to impress and he is well aware about the affect he has specially over women. From girls to a mum, everyone goes gaga over him. No wonder he is quite a ladies’ man but despite his popularity he is still tagged as ‘Single-heartless-heartbreaking-heartthrob”.
3) (Baby) Agni : A girl of eight years, highest paid child artist, she is in limelight, achieved more than what other stars can’t achieve in their lifetime. She made her debut when she was six years old with an Hollywood Oscar nominated film and entered bollywood with a bang in a children’s film and since then she is everywhere.
4) (Eyes and ears Knows-it-all) Bruna: No one knows what she is, is she an item girl? Or a controversy queen? Perhaps that fish that is rotting the Bollywood pond? Or just a misunderstood girl?
5) (Casting Director) Bose: Rumours has it that he has deep connections to underworld, an alchemist who converts a piece of stone into precious gemstone. Every newcomer wants to be casted by him, every director, producer wants him on their good side, pays him a fortune for casting and well, he is not the one who doesn’t take any advantage of his position.
6) (Paparazzi) Newshunt : Well, he is a paparazzi who became a paparazzi because of a stunt he pulled on a bollywood actor, demoted from crime reporter to a paparazzi. But seems like a triple skinned man but is he really or he has more masks than one can count. And most important question is, can you count on him?
(Casting Director) Bose
(Eyes and ears Knows-it-all) Bruna
“And cut!” Director Dev Bhansali called it a day after getting the perfect shot of scene 2 where Urvashi as Latika a dancer in Shanshah’s Darbar, a role inspired from the very famous Anarkali, stumbled upon Aryan as Zoyeb, a role inspired from Prince Salim. This is their first meet in the enchanting garden under pristine moonlight and Zoyeb is utterly besotted by Latika’s beauty. He doesn’t know who she is, doesn’t know that she is no Nobel blood, have no clue that she will not be pardon when his father, the Shanshah Rehman hear about their affair. But this movie is no Mughal – E – Azam, this is ‘Pyar ki Daastan’ (Tale of Love) and Latika is not alone, she has a friend Sara played by Bruna, who is a lady-in-waiting of Begam Banu. And the Shanshah has a deep-dark secret, an illegitimate daughter from Sara. That daughter is going to be the game changer in the story, and she is been portraited by none other than highest paid child artist, baby Agni.
Continue reading “Dare to Say”